|5/9/2011 9:23:46 PM
Health-Care *Get Manual (JUST A WI ARKS OPINION)
Alpaca Health-Care Rule #1 Get This ManualDr Evans 3rd Edition Alpaca Field Manual (!!HEALTH-CARE!!)
Dr Evans 3rd Edition Alpaca Field Manual
Body score Them All Please (JUST A WI ARKS OPINION)
*WE (Wi Arks) Strongly RECOMMEND TO ALL OUR CLIENTS THE #1 ALPACA BOOK TO GET IS....
Dr Evans 3rd Edition Alpaca Field Manual, ***THIS A MUST FOR ALPACA HEALTH-CARE!!***(Our Opinion)
PS: READ IT 3-TIMES
Alpaca Field Manual by Dr. C Norman Evans, DVM
The 3rd Edition of the Alpaca Field Manual includes contributions from other well known camelid vets in addition to updated and added sections from the author, Dr Norm Evans, renowned camelid vet.
Costs around $140.
Dr. Evans heads the LAMA Wellness Center and devotes his practice to llama and alpaca care. This is Dr. Evan's THIRD & MOST CURRENT EDITION OF THE ALPACA FIELD MANUAL.
With category tabs highlighting topics such as parasites, immunizations, drug dosages, nutrition, cria related topics and the like, this book gives specifics on times and dosages of vaccines, wormers and for other concerns.
Although the book specifically addresses alpacas, the information can be applied to all camelids! A necessity for owners and veterinarians.
The new Table of Contents reads as follows:
CURRENT CONCERNS THAT I DEAL WITH IN THE FIELD
DIAGNOSTICS & PROCEDURES
SKIN & FIBER
CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS INCLUDE
Tom Cameron, DVM
Stephen Hull, Ph.D
Patrick Long, DVM
C. Edgar Sheaffer, VMD
THE MANUAL CAN BE PURCHASED FROM:
Useful Lama Items, Inc.
113 East Second Street
Byron, IL 61010
Tel: 800 635-5262 • Fax: 815 234-7684
REASONS TO CALL THE VETERINARIAN
BY...C. Norm Evans, D. V. M.
1. Any animal with ataxia, the inability to coordinate movement.
2. Any animal with seizures.
3. Any animal that cannot rise.
4. Any adult diarrhea present more than 24 hours.
5. Any cria diarrhea present more than 12 hours.
6. Any pregnant female uncomfortable more than 2 hours or experiencing more than an hour of labor.
7. Any animal drooling or vomiting saliva more than 45 to 60 minutes.
8. Any animal with temperature over 103.5*F or pulse greater than 100.
9. Any female that lies on her side or bleeds after breeding.
10.Any animal that does not eat for 2 days or has rancid breath.
11. Mother that birthed and has no milk.
12. Newborn cria that cannot stand after 2 hours.
Disclaimer: Users of this forum take sole responsibility for the content they post, the accuracy of their information and opinions expressed, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Openherd or its moderators. Openherd and its moderators reserve the right to edit, alter, or remove any content posted to the forum. Openherd also reserves the right to revoke a user's privilege to post content. No profanity, "flaming", derogatory comments, advertising, legal advice, voicing grievances, or other inappropriate content will be allowed.