Subject: Large Guard Dogs 

Meet new breeders, discuss what you want!
J&K Ferris

5/17/2015
J&K Ferris
Maremma Sheepdog pups - Ready to Serve and Protect you and your farm. Born 3/11/15 - Contact
Jane Ferris
The Angel and The Albatross Alpaca Farm ( Listed on Openherd)
for more information and pictures.
Pups have been raised with our alpacs, barn cats, chickens and duck. AND a whole lot of TLC
Both parents are on our farm also
0 Link Sign in to reply
diena riddle

6/7/2015
diena riddle
Hi, I am not familiar with Maremma pups, have been considering Pyraneese to guard my new herd. Could you share more about your pups?
Thanks!
0 Link Sign in to reply
diena riddle

6/7/2015
diena riddle
Hi, I am not familiar with Maremma pups, have been considering Pyraneese to guard my new herd. Could you share more about your pups?
Thanks!
0 Link Sign in to reply
Tanglewood Farm

Fayetteville, OH

Tanglewoodfarm

10/31/2015
Tanglewood Farm

Fayetteville, OH

Tanglewoodfarm
diena riddle wrote:
Thanks!

I considered several breeds when I was getting started twelve years ago, and opted for Anatolian Shepherds for several reasons: 1) they don't have fur that gets matted-it is short and easy to brush when needed 2) they only bark at night(or during the day) when there is something "out there", 3} they are imposing looking dogs that are highly intelligent and have been bred for guarding livestock for thousands of years, and 4) they have a much longer life span than most large breed dogs. I currently have a male that weighs 175 lbs, but can run like greased lightning when it is needed. Nothing gets into the pasture with his girls, without being dispatched. BTW, he does not eat what he kills, he just kills it and leaves it, but buzzards can't come in there to clean up, because he will get them as well if they land in the pasture.
0 Link Sign in to reply