Gelded Males 

Anything else!
gregc

9/4/2017
gregc
I have 11 intact Suri males plus 2 new male crias. I've been reading about gelded males and most of what I've been able to find says that gelding them improves their fleece quality and personalities. Does anyone have any gelded males and what is your opinion/experience on this subject? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
edited by gregc on 9/4/2017
0 Link Sign in to reply
katy holland

10/5/2017
katy holland
That is also what I have read. Plus they will fight less and you can pen them with females if needed.
0 Link Sign in to reply
hhlalpacas

10/6/2017
hhlalpacas
We only ever gelded one male, that cost us about $250. It did not improve the fighting, boys will be boys and will still fight for top dog. We ended up selling him for $300 so we lost money on that boy.....we would never do it again, and most likely would never put any male in with our females...even gelded.
0 Link Sign in to reply
gregc

10/9/2017
gregc
katy holland wrote:
That is also what I have read. Plus they will fight less and you can pen them with females if needed.

Thank you for your response! I appreciate it.
0 Link Sign in to reply
gregc

10/9/2017
gregc
hhlalpacas wrote:
We only ever gelded one male, that cost us about $250. It did not improve the fighting, boys will be boys and will still fight for top dog. We ended up selling him for $300 so we lost money on that boy.....we would never do it again, and most likely would never put any male in with our females...even gelded.

OK, that's my dilemma. Thank you for your response I appreciate it.
0 Link Sign in to reply