About Alpaca Fiber
The gentle and earth-friendly alpaca produces one of the world’s most luxurious fibers, cash-mere like, softer and warmer than wool.
Alpaca fibre holds several advantages over wool, such as:
- Several times the thermal properties of wool
- Much stronger than wool – after mohair, alpaca is the strongest natural fiber
- Garments are warmer, lighter, softer, silkier & more lustrous than wool
- Many people who find wool prickly, can comfortably wear alpaca
- Naturally coloured in twenty-two shades – no dyeing required!
- Considered a luxury fiber worldwide and an excellent natural material for the Canadian climate
Our Commitment to Quality
At Victory Farm, we are committed to bringing you quality Alpaca products. We only sell products which we would be happy to own ourselves.
All of our products are either made in North America or Peru. Since the alpaca industry is still growing in Canada, not all of the items we would like to offer are available in Canada. Even today Peru has the largest population of alpacas, as such Peru is a natural choice to supplement our product line. When purchasing items from Peru, we make sure we are buying from companies that invest in their workers; fair wages and proper working conditions are important to us.
We are proud to be increasing the variety of Canadian made products we sell. Some of these Canadian made items are duvets, socks, and hats.
Our duvets contain Victory Farm fiber and are handmade by Kathleen Holmes of Salem Alpacas in Salem, ON. Kathleen carefully hand sews every duvet in 6” squares to ensure superior quality.
We sell socks that are made in Canada with Canadian fiber. Most of our socks are produced in Palmerston, ON by Shears to You. Our Lanark County Alpaca Socks are made right here in Lanark County.
Alanna and some other local knitters enjoy creating items using our own yarns. Some of the items you can find in the store are hats, scarves, and shawls. Each item is made with quality alpaca fibre.
Updated December 09, 2012