Our 2013 Birthing Season
* June 25th - To Heart of the Mountain Misty Rose, a white female cria (Huacaya). Sire is Brighton of PVA.
* July 4th - To SCFA Pixie Dust, a white male cria (Huacaya). Sire is Brighton of PVA.
* Aug 7th - To Forest Lady's Morel, a light fawn (with white head) male (Huacaya) cria. Sire is Brighton of PVA.
Pixie Dust & 2013 Male Cria
||Dams and crias pastures
||Bartleby - Sired 15 crias, 12 are female
||Nick Danger - Suri, dark brown herdsire
The ranch is located on a square, nearly 10 acre property that is flat and well drained. We are surrounded on all sides by tall evergreen trees. The house sites in the center of the ranch. The barn, with second floor hay loft, is located to the right of the house.
Surrounding the house are green pastures. By late October 2011, the property is fully cross-fenced with 12 distinct pastures. Each pasture has its own alpaca shelter, with underground water, no freeze hydrant, and electrical power.
New Moon Alpacas has plenty of space available if you need to agist your alpacas.
Our Breeding Program
Our breeding program focuses on producing top quality, healthy, sturdy, and finely fleeced alpacas. Our fiber goals are keeping less than five standard deviation (SD) and coefficient of variation (CV) less than 19 on our cria's fleeces. Each year we test all animals, keeping only animals who are both holding and producing consistent quality over time, we are looking for animals who maintain quality with only a small decline through their eighth year.
In our Suris, we are breeding for overall architecture, fineness, luster, lock structure, and density, as well as strong conformation in a gentle, easily handled, tractable animal. We look more for the quality of the alpaca than the country of origin.
Our Herdsires' Genetics
We breed the best animals we can find to the best animals we can find that compliment them. So we offer a very broad range of genetics available at our farm, including for Huacayas:
• Peruvian Hemingway G171, 6Peruvian Accoyo Pinachi 5034 IMPR98, Peruvian Ion S221 ALOA, Snowmass Andean Gold, 4Peruvian Andean Gold 6019, SA Karrington, Aussie Rockford, The Goldsmith HST G466, and Avatar
For Suris, we offer the following lines:
• McGyver, PPeruvian Bruxo, 4Peruvian Condor, PVA Mahogony Prince, Uribe, Peruvian Aldo, Lumino, Rag Top, and High Interest
We offer a myriad variety of other notable genetic lines, both Huacaya and Suri.